Monday, April 23, 2012

The Journy of the "M-Bark" continues

     OK, I'm going to attempt to post a little something here! Socking I know :-o I'm not sure how to put into word our time here in Israel. I overheard one man explain it this way; "You read the Bible in black and white at home, come to Israel, and it puts color to the scripture." For me, that's exactly what this trip to Israel has been!

    When I look out across the sea of Galilee, seeing the very same places Jesus saw when He walked on the water...It has a way of sending chills up and down my spine. Standing at the gate where King David sat, has a way of bringing the holy bumps let me tell ya! Or standing at the entrance of the gate where Boaz redeemed Ruth, makes it more then just a story, but rather brings it to life! Or the day when we stood on top of Mt. Carmel and saw how far Elijah ran when he girded up his loins and ran all the way to the entrance of Jezreel. Seeing where all these advents took place makes if feel as if it just happened yesterday, not a few thousand years ago. I'm sure that most anyone in our families could say this experience has been life changing! At least it's been life changing for me in a big way!

      I will let others give you more of the detailed updates. I would just like to share a few photos I took when Gaylord, Zachary, Cherie, Monica, and me climbed up Mt. Arbel this morning to take in the breathtaking sunrise over the see of Galilee!

  These might not be the typical pictures you would see on a family blog...but then again I'm not a typical blogger. But I really want to give you a sneak preview into seeing the detail into God's creation here in Israel!




Waiting for the sun to come up!

Two colors, one plant! That's our God!

The beautiful sea of Galilee


I wonder if Jesus ever picked this kind of flower.


Black & White


This picture was put in this post for free.
We weren't the only ones enjoying the beautiful morning.

Very small flower, but still so very nice!

I think this is my favorite shot of the day!

A flower in a field of flowers.



That's it from me...don't expect to hear from me again on this blog anytime soon.
On the behalf of the M-Bark families~ Austin

2 comments:

  1. Way to go bro. Way to post wildly. Way to step out and get it done! :) Someday, when I get big, I'm going to Israel. i.e. I'm jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible pictures, Austin. I can't wait to see more. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete