Saturday, April 21, 2012

Galilee, Nazareth, and Mount Carmel

(sorry about the title, i am not creative at this time of night.)

Okay, this is going to be one quick, confusing, and strange post. I'm sleepy and want two things:
1. a shower
2. a bed.
But, I really wanted to keep you all posted...so out of loyalty for all of you, I keep myself away from both shower and bed for a little longer.

(Further more, I would like to warn you that this will mostly be pictures and not deep thoughts, facts, etc.)

Today, our first stop was a boat ride on the sea of Galilee.
(THE SEA OF GALILEE!)
It has always been my dream my whole young life to ride a boat on the sea of Galilee.
(at least, it has been my dream for the past few months.)
















This was amazing... the sea of Galilee... it hasn't changed like so many of the ruins that we have seen... we see it as our Saviour did.

Amazingly, or families' got a whole boat to ourselves. And we had a beautiful, beautiful time of worship, scripture reading, meditating, singing...and peace.















This next picture amuses me. And to add to the amusement of it I would dearly love to add a witty caption...but, I cannot think at this hour so you will have to forgive me.
Instead, I give it the caption...
*yawns*
....oh man, nothing is coming.
















Amazing views...
















Our next stop was Nazareth.
Where we went to a little village made to look like Nazareth in Jesus' time.

(Bonding time.)















This was a fun place for the kids, there were animals to pet and they could have something to picture instead of ruins they didn't understand.















This is the touching and solemn moment where Christy and Kelci go to pet Joseph and Mary's Donkey's Ancestor (joke)...surprisingly, it soon turned into giggles.















The kids turning the Olive Press.















Our awesome tour guide. ;)















The woman weaver waving at the children. They all loved having the kids through...















Our last stop is Mount Carmel...















Beautiful.















I leave you with a picture of the lovely Cherie. And now, NOW I get my bed and shower!
Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment