Thursday, April 26, 2012

City of Peace #2

editors note: M-Bark bloggers need to communicate....just as soon as I was ready to hit "post" last night I saw Christy updated...and she had the same title and everything :) I decided to wait until morning to let the world see hers. Sorry some of the pics etc. are repeats. This was actually started a few days ago so is a bit out of date. -tm

Jerusalem!!!!!


















The hour is quite late and tomorrow starts too early for this lady. Thus, this post will probably be mostly pictures - they speak a thousand words, right? :) The M-Bark company has at last made it to Jerusalem!!!!!!!!!!!  (I'm permitted to use as many exclamation points as I want for that one, thank you) We have been shaking our heads in amazement ever since we arrived at our apartments last night. As much as I loved the Galilee area - I'm thrilled to have this beautiful city to explore!

This morning was a leisure morning as the parents went grocery shopping. If you would ask the moms, they would say it's not exactly like shopping at Walmart. People yelling at you in Hebrew doesn't help the process, but they still brought back some yummy food.

This afternoon we went with our guide. He has done a fantastic job of orienting us to the city and bringing meaning to what we see. 

 
 We stopped at the location where it is believed Jesus got on the donkey to ride into Jerusalem. The Messiah had come! We had a glorious time of singing in this chapel. Can't describe it...can't even.

the Israel museum was filled with artifacts that gave color to the Bible
The oldest finding of the Scripture is written on these.


Beneath this is the room that contains pieces of the Dead Sea Scrolls.
 Awesome how God has preserved His Word!
the "mini-Jerusalem" of 66AD. Chloe would enjoy
 having this as her doll house :)





It is neat to me how different things "jump out" to different people in our group...

maybe it was walking where Jesus walked
and wondering if  He thought of us...


or perhaps the lesson of the olive tree and being grafted in

Sometimes...its just the thought that
"guys, we're in Jerusalem!"
























There were many things that stood out to me today...I should really go journal for a week. As small as this was...it was what is in this picture that brought tears to my eyes today. We discovered it at the museum in an exhibit explaining the method of crucifixion. This is a replica of a person's heel they found with a nail driven through it.

I can't believe they did this to my Jesus...to our Messiah...the King of kings and Lord of all.

Many times on this trip I have been asking myself if I truly understand who Jesus was and is. I'm not sure I really, truly do. He hung out with the oppressed. He calmed the Sea of Galilee. He raised the dead. He taught us how to live.

And yet...He would do this...for us. Wow.


Truly, a Light has shown in the darkness....
May He lead you in the way of peace...

- Teresa





2 comments:

  1. I love reading y'alls blogs - I don't care if some of it is repeated. I am a bit amused that everyone says they will just post pics instead of writing alot - that's fine. I love the pics. Wow, what an incredible experience y'all are having. I'm glad you're having a great trip. ~Aunt Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... loved the post! :) Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete