Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Of Windmills, Tulips, and Hope

Hello world!
Greetings from... *drumb roll* HOLLAND!
We have spent the last two days here in this beautiful land of Windmills and Tulips and have been having a lovely time of it!

Living life dramatically is just so much more exciting than...than... ... ... not living life dramatically.

"Tourists!"

Here is where we saw wooden shoes being made.
Wooden shoe as far as the eyes can see.
Here, Austin sports a fashionable pair of cow wooden shoes.
*woot-woot!*
Just two good lookin' dutch girls.

Amsterdam.
Bikes everywhere.
Very cool.

Our hotel is a little more ritzy than we are used to.
We pretty much feel like the hilliest of hillbillies here.
It's fun.

Another wooden shoe picture?
For those of you who haven't had the chance of being charmed by Nikki's grin... this photograph is for you.
And for those of you who have had this incredible experience... enjoy it once again.

Today we visited Keukenholf a large and very beautiful garden.
Be aware of many random photographs of people posing in front of flowers.
Pretty much, there were a whole heap of pictures being taken.

See Isreal chase duck.
See Isreal climb.

I have decided to spare you from all the flower pictures that no one really wants to see (your welcome)... but I have to share just this one.
These really inspired me today.
Hand painted by God.
Our God really is a God of the small details too!



(Awkward photo alert!)




Then afterwards...the highlight.
Corrie Ten Boom's House.
Wow, wow, wow!
In Israel some of us went to the Houlucost Museam.
Everything those people went through was enough to put me in a daze for hours.
And what was worse, they had no hope. They needed Jesus!
So different from today at Corrie Ten Boom's house. Corrie had hope, she had a message to share with the world. Corrie had Jesus!
And we have that same hope, that same message! We have Jesus!
wow!

Now in closing, a quote from Corrie:
"There is no pit so deep
 that God's love is not deeper still."

16 comments:

  1. Ahh, just beautiful... Holland, tulips, and the people too. Looks like a lovely time to be in Holland. I recognize the windmills at the beginning of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely not STILL stalking you guys.
    I think I'm probably you're #1 fan.
    I love your blog posts.
    I can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookin good... I like the wooden shoes.. :)I'll challenge Christy for the #1 fan... I just keep it more undercover.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Definitely.
    Your number one fan.
    Although I am definitely more of a number one fan of you guys arriving soon. Even more than you guys traveling all of Europe. Oh my.
    M-BARK forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SAID FIRST.

    You snooze, you lose, people.
    ( I think I'll be even more of a #1 fan when you guys are here drinking REAL coffee, and eating not pita bread and humus, although i must say i'm getting hungry for it again, and talking about things, and having sleepovers.)

    I definitely do not feel childish right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, just mentioning . . . Kelci hasn't done a post yet? I'd love to hear from her. =]

    P.S. I am your #1 fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like this could go on for quite a while.
    NUMBER ONE FAN.

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the law of the Medes and Persians, I Am Your #1 Fan.
    And Kelci should update. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS IS SO CHILDISH.
    (I SAID FIRST.)
    #1 fan, all the way, ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good point, Kelci should update.. but I securely stand within my heart that I am #1 fan. . . the number one fan isn't proven by who yells it the loudest...but by how often one thinks of people who contribute to this blog... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey brother...It's an honor that you are thinking of me so much and all. But you can't simply be number 1 by just thinking of "one." :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just pointing out that *they* (i.e. Teresa) are coming to see us first . . . which clearly suggests that we are the #1 fans. =] (Sorry to rub it in)
    You know what . . . maybe they're just too awesome to have only one #1 fan, so we can all be #1 fans together. . . with me being the most #1 fan.
    Okay I'm stopping now. =]

    ReplyDelete
  13. I refuse to be a part of this any longer.




    Although I would like to say that I had it written in stone today:
    Christina C. Barkman
    shall remain forever the #1 fan
    of the m-bark people.

    So, I win.

    ReplyDelete
  14. But brother, thinking of that "one" can do some pretty powerful stuff... :)

    However... I do suppose I shall secede... and accept the fact that we all just really like this blog. Despite not having met you ladies yet... we've successfully accomplished our first argument. :) I consider that quite an accomplishment...

    ...it's just that... they save the best fans for last...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This argument makes me laugh. I hope the Millers don't get too big of heads from all the fighting over them. I won't get involved in the argument but I'll just say this - my place is the first layover after they get off the plane on Saturday night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH I just want. to. eat. you all!!! We have just loved every bit of this blog, and so many times I wanted to comment, but I just couldn't, so many heart things I couldn't put into words. We ate up any and all pics of Donnavons... and oh I just want to eat their boys too!!! And we won't say how many times we watched this video either... :) What an amazing trip!!!! Loves to you all!
    -Sherilyn

    ReplyDelete